Commencement ceremonies are held in May.
The commencement ceremony date is not the same as the date the degree is earned. Edgewood College awards degrees and posts them to student transcripts three times each year - January 10, May 25, and August 25.
For further information regarding eligibility or degree requirements, please contact the Registrar's Office at (608) 663-3256.
Ordering Your Cap and Gown, Grad Announcements, and Accessories
Graduates should follow the instructions below to order their caps and gowns. If you have questions, please contact the Book Store at 608-663-2213 or in person at DeRicci 121.
- If you order a cap and gown package from Herff Jones, it will contain everything you need for the Commencement ceremony - cap, gown, cord and tassel.
- Your cord signifies your major area of study.
- We do not use honors cords in our Commencement celebration.
- Souvenir tassels cannot be worn in the ceremony.
- Cap and gown
ordering for the May commencement ceremony is available online:
- Go to Herff Jones
- Choose your Major area of study
- Undergraduates with double majors should choose the Major area they would like to walk with
- Please contact the bookstore to purchase a cord for your 2nd Major
- Complete your order and print a copy of your receipt
- You can also order commencement announcements and keepsakes through this website
Cap and Gown Pick-up / Grad Fair
A pick-up fair will be scheduled for several days before each commencement ceremony.
If you are not able to attend the Cap & Gown Pick-up/Grad Fair, you will need to pick up your cap & gown at the Edgewood College Bookstore.
Extra graduation attire will be on sale at the Edgewood College Bookstore. Extra attire is sold on a first come, first-served basis.