Edgewood College awards degrees and posts them to student transcripts three times each year - January 10, May 25, and August 25.
The administrative process of conferring degrees is not the same as the formal commencement ceremony, which is held once each year, in the spring.
Make sure the Registrar’s Office knows your intended graduation date as soon as possible:
Graduation honors are given to Undergraduate Students only, and are calculated in the Registrar’s Office approximately two weeks prior to Commencement. A student’s final term of attendance will be included in the calculation for graduation honors after final grades are submitted, and will appear on the student's final transcript and diploma. In some cases this may result in a student receiving different honors on their diploma than at commencement, as not all grades are available at the time of the commencement ceremony.
Eligibility Requirement for Undergraduate Graduation Honors: A minimum of 60 credits earned at Edgewood College.
Graduation Honors Calculation:
- Summa cum laude - 3.90 or above GPA
- Magna cum laude - 3.70 or above GPA
- Cum laude - 3.50 or above GPA
Note: Graduation honors are based on your final GPA of credits earned at Edgewood College. Graduation honors are different than semester honors calculations or graduation from the Honors Program.
Latin Honors, if awarded, will be noted in the commencement program, based on the last grading cycle in which the student was enrolled.
Make sure you check your total credits periodically so that you know you will have earned the required amount by graduation time. Total required credits for your program can be found on your advising worksheet (located in Edgewood Express).
- Bachelor's Degree: 120 credits
- Bachelor in Nursing 120 credits
- Master of Science in Accountancy - 30 credits
- Master of Science in Child Life - 35 credits
- Master of Business Administration - 37 credits
- Master of Business in Healthcare Administration - 42 credits
- Master of Arts in Education - 33 credits
- Master of Science in Nursing - 30 Credits
- Master of Science in Marriage & Family Therapy - 48 credits
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership & Change - 30 credits
- Master of Arts in Sustainability Leadership - 33 credits
- Doctor of Education in Higher Ed & Leadership Studies - 54 credits
- Doctoral Completion Degree - 30 Credits
- Doctor of Nursing Practice in Executive Leadership - 30 Credits
Credit amounts listed above are minimum requirements for the degree. Additional credits are often required for concentrations, minors, etc. Please see specific department information in the Edgewood College Catalog.
Please be sure that you are aware of your GPA and what is required for graduation:
- Bachelor degrees require a minimum 2.00 to graduate
- Master and Doctoral degrees require a minimum 3.00 to graduate
Note: Some academic departments have major or minor GPA requirements that are different from the graduation GPA requirement. Please reference your advising worksheet for this information.
Transferring Courses During Final Term
Students attending an institution other than Edgewood during their final term need to request that official transcripts be sent to the Registrar's Office by the official degree posting date for their term (Fall = January 10, Spring = May 25, Summer = August 25).
If official transcripts from the transferring institution are not received by the official degree posting date, the conferral of the degree will be postponed until the following semester.