Edgewood College awards degrees and posts them to student transcripts three times each year - January 10, May 25, and August 25.
This administrative process of conferring degrees is not the same thing as the formal commencement ceremony, which is held once each year, in the spring.
Make sure the Registrar’s Office knows your intended graduation date as soon as possible.
- Indicate your intended graduation date on your "Declaration of Major"
- Notify the Registrar’s Office of your intended graduation date
- Submit your Intent to Graduate Form - found on the Registrar’s Office website: http://registrar.edgewood.edu/Student-Resources
Graduation honors are given to Undergraduate Students only, and are calculated in the Registrar’s Office approximately two weeks prior to Commencement. A student’s final term of attendance will be included in the calculation for graduation honors after final grades are submitted, and will appear on the student's final transcript and diploma.
In some cases this may result in a student receiving different honors on their diploma than at commencement, as not all grades may be available at the time of the commencement ceremony.
Eligibility Requirement for Graduation Honors: A minimum of 60 credits earned at Edgewood College.
Graduation Honors Calculation:
- Summa cum laude - 3.90 or above GPA
- Magna cum laude - 3.70 or above GPA
- Cum laude - 3.50 or above GPA
Note: Graduation honors is based on the final GPA of Edgewood College credits. Graduation honors are different from semester honors calculations or graduation from the Honors Program.
Honors, if awarded, will be noted in the commencement program, based on the
last grading cycle in which the student was enrolled.
Make sure you check your total credits periodically so that you know you will have earned the required amount by graduation time.
- Bachelor Degree: 120 credits
- Bachelor in Nursing 120 credits
- Master in Accountancy - 30 credits
- Master in Business Administration - 37 credits
- MBA in Healthcare Administration - 42 credits
- Master in Education - 33 credits
- Master in Nursing - 36 Credits
- Master in Marriage & Family Therapy - 48 credits
- Master in Organization Development - 30 credits
- Master of Arts in Sustainability Leadership - 33 credits
- Doctor of Education - 54 credits
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - 30 Credits
Again, make sure you are aware of your GPA and what is required for graduation:
- Bachelor degrees require a minimum 2.00 to graduate
- Master and Doctoral degrees require a minimum 3.00 to graduate
Note: Some academic departments have major or minor GPA requirements that are different from the graduation GPA requirement. Please reference your degree audit for this information.
Transferring Courses During Final Term
On occasion, students may be attending an institution other than Edgewood during their final term. If official transcripts from the transferring institution are not received by the next possible degree posting date, the degree will be posted on the following degree posting date of January 10, May 25 or August 25.